How to Save Money on DisneyWorld Tickets in 2021
Saving Money is Magical
I am obsessed about finding the absolute lowest prices on everything I can. |
Disney vacations can be expensive, so I believe in saving money where possible!
I've done a lot of research on how to save money on DisneyWorld tickets. I will share with you:
If you're interested, I also have a write-up on how to save money on Disneyland tickets.
Wait...Is it Even Possible to Get Discounted Disney World Tickets?
This might be a surprise to some. It was to me.
Yes! You CAN save money on Walt Disney World tickets ... if you know where to go and what to buy.
Types of Disney World Tickets
First, let's familiarize ourselves with the types of tickets you can buy.
Magic Your Way with Park Hopper
A Park Hopper ticket allows you to go back and forth between any of the four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on the same day.
Magic Your Way Base (or Non-Park Hopper)
1 Park Per Day. Pick one park (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios) and enjoy it all day long.
DisneyWorld Ticket Buying Tips: What to Buy
There's so much to see and do at Disneyworld!
Here are my suggestions of what to consider when deciding what DisneyWorld Tickets to purchase.
Go for More than Just One Day
Every trip, family, and budget is different.
The more days you stay, the more you save. The price of each extra day goes down as you buy a larger package.
Look closely at the incremental price per day and decide if it's worth it for you.
You Probably Don't Need the Park Hopper
Each of the four major theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios) have so much to see and do that you will need a full day for each.
Also, it takes more time than you think to "hop" from one park to another.
If you're not sure you need the Park Hopper option, I suggest skipping it.
Plan Your Days with Crowd Calendar
Make a plan. Decide which parks you want to see and what you want to do at each.
Use a crowd calendar to project how full the parks might be on your desired dates.
Don't Try to Do Too Much
I've been to Disneyworld many times and I'm not close to seeing or doing everything. There's simply too much magic.
Don't stress about seeing everything. Make a reasonable plan that hits your highlights and allows for some "go with the flow." There's always the next trip...something to look forward to!
Always Compare DisneyWorld Ticket Prices
Before you buy DisneyWorld tickets, follow this quick process and you'll be sure to get the lowest price on Disney World tickets.
Doing this has saved me HUNDREDS on my Disney World tickets.
And yes, it is this easy:
1) Go to Disney's website directly to discover their latest deals. Check their ticket prices.
2) Visit Get Away Today, an authorized Disney ticket reseller, that you can trust (why I trust Get Away Today), and check out their Disney World ticket prices.
My bet? Get Away Today will be much much cheaper.
Why I Recommend Get Away Today
It was a wonderful day when I discovered GetAwayToday.com.
I used to think I had no choice but to purchase Disneyworld tickets from Disney. Discovering an alternative that would help me to save money on DisneyWorld tickets was exciting!
They’re a legit, authorized Disney ticket reseller with great customer service. They've been in business almost 30 years and are rated A+ on BBB. You’re safe to purchase from them in confidence.
Tickets are Same as Buying from Disney
Tickets purchased from Get Away Today have the EXACT same benefits as those purchased at the Disney gate.
Link your ticket to your MyDisneyExperience.com for full FastPass+ and MagicBand benefits.
Disclosure: If you buy tickets through the Get Away Today links, I get a small commission. It’s not much but it helps keep the website running and doesn’t cost you any extra. You don’t have to use my links, but I’m very thankful when you do. I recommend them not because of the commission but because I use them myself.
Do NOT Buy DisneyWorld Tickets from These Places
With so many people wanting to know how to save money on DisneyWorld tickets, it’s no surprise that there are plenty of places trying to scam those people out of their money.
Avoid these places when buying DisneyWorld park tickets:
- Any site that uses the word “Disney” in the URL (that isn’t clearly a Disney-owned site). Disney doesn’t allow its authorized ticket sellers to use their brand in their website URL.
- Anyone selling you partially used tickets. First of all, you can’t be sure if the pass actually has any days remaining on it until you arrive at the gate. Second, each ticket is assigned to an individual person. Disney does this by taking a scan of your fingerprint at the gate the first time the ticket is used. So, if the scan doesn't match the original fingerprint, you aren't able to use the ticket. Third, in Florida it is illegal to resell partly-used multi-day admission tickets.
- Craigslist and eBay. Scammers will try to sell you stolen or used tickets.
- Any site requiring you to pay with any method other than credit card.
Save Money with Disney Visa
If you are a proud cardholder of any of the Disney Chase Visa cards, you get 10% off select merchandise at Walt Disney World, along with savings on certain guided tours. Be sure to check the most current promotions.