Disclosure: This Aulani spa page contains affiliate links. Read full Disclosure Policy.
This is the ultimate guide for making the most of Laniwai, the Aulani spa in 2020!
Most of us tend to go on vacation to get away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. We travel someplace serene because we simply want to relax. Vacations are supposed to be a time of relaxation, rejuvenation, and replenishment.
While we go on vacation to relax, there are times when you need to relax from your vacation. The answer to this situation is to take a trip to the spa!
Now, if you are at the Aulani Resort in Ko Olina, Hawaii, there is one place and one place only where you need to stop: Laniwai!
Laniwai, Aulani’s spa, is the resort-exclusive spa and has anything and everything to make your trip that much more relaxing.
So, with this in mind, here is a complete and in-depth guide to all things Laniwai!
Table of Contents
- What is Laniwai?
- Take a Tour
- Spa Therapies
- Kula Wai: Outdoor Hydrotherapy Garden
- Pulu Bar: A Spa Mixology Station
- Salon Services
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- Laniwai Spa Products
- How Much Does the Aulani Spa Cost?
- Aulani Spa Phone Number
- About the Aulani Spa Robe
What is Laniwai?
Laniwai is the full-service spa, fitness center, and salon located at Aulani, a Disney Resort.
Here, you can:
- Get spa therapies
- Visit Kula Wai, the outdoor hydrotherapy garden
- Indulge in a family treatment
- Make your own body polish at Pulu Bar: Spa Mixology
- Treat yourself to a Salon service
- Send your kiddos to Painted Sky: Hi Style Studio
- Or workout in the fitness room
Take a Tour
Did you know that Laniwai is open for free tours and an open house at 6pm each day? It’s a great way to check out the facilities and ask questions about the treatments.
Let’s start by talking about the Spa Therapies!
There are dozens of options of spa treatments to choose from at the Aulani spa, so let’s take a look at a few.
The Laniwai spa specializes in the following signature treatments.
- Lomilomi – A traditional Hawaiian massage technique. “Lomi Lomi” means “rub rub”.
- Lilinoe “Fine Rain” – Special treatments (exfoliation, massage, detoxifying, etc) that take place under a movable shower.
- Kilikili – Takes place in the private Lilinoe “Fine Rain” rainwater suite. Begins with a sugar scrub treatment, followed by a massage. Warm water runs over you the whole time during the massage. Water temperature is adjusted to your liking.
- Waiwai – Also takes place under the warm water, this treatment features exfoliation, moisturizing, massage and detoxifying body cocoon.
Aulani Massage Treatments
Next we have the massages. Here are a few you can choose from:
- Lomilomi – massage with hands, sticks, and warm stones
- Hana Pōhaku – hot stone massage
- Kāpa‘i – steamed herbs are applied to the body
- Shiatsu – Japanese therapeutic massage with thumbs and palms
- Traditional Thai Massage – blend of massage, yoga stretches and acupressure
- Sports Massage – deep tissue massage
- Reflexology – massage of pressure points on hands and feet
- Island Scalp Massage – warm oils are massaged into scalp and hair
Herbal Body Remedy
Laniwai features special herbal body remedies, here are some of the most popular:
- Nature’s Magical Niu – coconut body exfoliation, light massage, body coccon wrap, and coconut oil scalp massage
- Nature’s Healing ‘Āina – kava kava passion fruit oil body scrub, body rub with warm volcanic clay, and hydrosol treatment
The Aulani spa offers the following facial treatments and applies a SPF 25 as a complimentary add-on.
- Skin Yoga – tighten, tone, and lift your skin
- Basic Skin Fitness – exfoliation and deep moisturizing
- Triathlon – reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while improving skin tone & pigmentation
- Certified Organic – customized to your skin type, whole plant treatments are applied to renew your skin cells
- Hāweo Magical Glow – leave you with a youthful glow
- Ultra Ageless – ultrasonic exfoliation with oxygen infusion, followed by light therapy
How to Make a Reservation
To make a reservation for any of these treatments, simply stop by the front desk in the Aulani lobby or call (808) 674-6300.
Kula Wai: Outdoor Hydrotherapy Garden
Perhaps one of the coolest things about Laniwai is the Kula Wai: Outdoor Hydrotherapy Garden. In fact, Kula Wai is the only Hydrotherapy Garden in all of Oahu.
Kula Wai is a coed sanctuary of soaking pools, waterfall rain showers, whirlpool jet spas, designed to be a space to enjoy before and after any full-service spa treatment.
Guests wear swimsuits and can make an entire day out of Kula Wai, if they want. Yes, you can consider this your Aulani spa day pass!
The rainwater shower experience features multiple showers that offer a slightly different experience; you’ll want to try each one.
It’s suggested to give yourself at least an hour BEFORE your treatment and an hour AFTER your treatment to enjoy the Kula Wai space.
Pulu Bar: A Spa Mixology Station
Included in Kula Wai is a custom body scrub mixing station called Pulu Bar.
In Hawaiian, ‘Pulu’ means to make soft or saturate. At Pulu, you will get to create a luxurious body scrub made out of ingredients such as Hawaiian fragrances, cane sugar or sea salt, essential oils, and Hawaiian herbs.
You can immediately use your personal custom exfoliation right away you made at Kula Wai or take it back with you to your room for later.
This is completely free with any full-service spa treatment.
No matter if you need your hair, nails, or skin done, the salon is going to be the one-stop place to get it done.
For hair services, you can get:
- Shampoo and Blow Dry
- Deep Conditioning
- Hair Coloring
- Special Event Hairstyles
For your nails, you can choose from either a classic or organic manicure or pedicure. Mickey Mouse nails, anyone?
Lastly, you can choose from a variety of waxing services such as Bikini, Brow, Brazilian, and more.
Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
For kiddos between the ages of 3 and 12, the Painted Sky: HI Style Studio is a kid-friendly spa that features:
- kid massages
- spa services
- hair services
Your prince or princess can transform into a mermaid, Moana, or Minnie.
Depending on the package you select for your child, the whole experience can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Kids must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
One of our favorites Aulani splurges: the Luau packages! With a combination of hairstyling, temporary tattoo and outfits, this is a fun way to help your child be decked out and ready for the luau.
Laniwai Spa Products
When at the spa, the Cast Members will share with you their current product offerings.
Facials are followed by 100% Natural Perfecting Minerals Brush-on SPF 25, containing CoffeeBerry extract.
Additionally, they offer treatments that use Idebenone Complex* Superceuticals®, intended to provide effective antioxidants to prevent skin aging.
How Much Does the Aulani Spa Cost?
To be sure, Laniwai, the Aulani spa, is a high-end spa with luxurious treatments.
Prices naturally vary based on the service or spa package you select. Massage treatments start at $175, facials at $165 and manicures at $55.
Here is a link to a recent price list, but always check with the spa for the latest pricing and to see if they have any Aulani spa discounts.
What is the Aulani Spa Phone Number?
You can reach the Cast Members of the Aulani spa at (808) 674-6300.
What is the Aulani Spa Robe Like?
The spa robe has a luxurious terry inner lining and soft layer on the outside. You can purchase Aulani spa robes at Laniwai or in the gift shop.
In conclusion, Laniwai is an amazing place. No matter how you want to relax while at Aulani, there is really something for everyone, every age at Laniwai. From nail services, massages, hair services, even services for men, you will not be disappointed in the service you get.