Disclosure: This Disney World Discount Tickets page contains affiliate links. Read full Disclosure Policy.
How to Save Money on Disneyworld Tickets
I am obsessed about finding the absolute lowest prices on everything I can.
Disney vacations can be expensive, so I believe in saving money where possible!
I’ve done a lot of research on how to save money on DisneyWorld tickets. I will share with you:
- Where to buy Disney World tickets
- Where not to buy
- Scams to avoid
- How to compare prices on Disney World tickets
RELATED: If you’re interested, check out my Disneyland Ticket Price Comparison tool
Here’s the good news about Disney World prices:
If you follow this guide, you’ll discover that the question: “How much do Disney World tickets cost?” often has an answer that is surprisingly cheaper than what you’ll find from Disney’s site… or if you buy tickets at the gate.
Let’s take a look at how to get the absolute best Disney World ticket price for your upcoming vacation.
Table of Contents
- Is it Possible to Get Discounted Disney World Tickets?
- Disney World Ticket Price Checker
- Types of Disney World Tickets
- Where to Buy Discounted Disney World Tickets
Wait…Is It Even Possible to Get Discounted Disney World Tickets?
This might be a surprise to some. It was to me.
Yes! You CAN save money on Walt Disney World tickets … if you know where to go and what to buy.
Disney World Ticket Price Checker
Select your ticket type and number of days to see the lowest available price:
* Prices updated as of June 20, 2021
|1 Park Per Day||Park Hopper Per Day|
|2 Days||2 Days|
|3 Days||3 Days|
|4 Days||4 Days|
|5 Days||5 Days|
Type of Disney World Tickets
First, let’s familiarize ourselves with the types of tickets you can buy.
Magic Your Way with Park Hopper
A Park Hopper ticket allows you to go back and forth between any of the four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on the same day.
Magic Your Way Base (or Non-Park Hopper)
1 Park Per Day. Pick one park (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios) and enjoy it all day long.
How to Save Money on Disney World Tickets
There’s so much to see and do at Disneyworld!
Here are my suggestions of what to consider when deciding what DisneyWorld Tickets to purchase.
1. Go for More than Just One Day
Every trip, family, and budget is different.
The more days you stay, the more you save. The price of each extra day goes down as you buy a larger package.
Look closely at the incremental price per day and decide if it’s worth it for you.
Also, one day tickets are never discounted.
2. Always Compare Disney World Ticket Prices
Walt Disney World has a few authorized resellers (read more about them below) who are allow to offer discounted Disney World tickets at prices lower than you will find at the Disney website or gate.
Note: The one day tickets are never discounted.
However, you can save on ticket bundles of 2 to 5 days.
These authorized resellers are competing for your business so they often offer Walt Disney World park tickets at a lower price than the gate price.
Prices from these vendors can change regularly, so…
Always compare Disney World ticket prices before purchasing. You can save a lot of money by just taking a quick look.
🚨 To make price comparison easy, we have created the Disney World Ticket Price Checker above.
3. Only Buy Discounted Disney World Tickets from an Authorized Reseller
t was a wonderful day when I discovered you can buy tickets from approved Disney resellers.
I used to think I had no choice but to purchase Disney World tickets from Disney. Discovering an alternative that would help me to save money on Disney World tickets was exciting!
Later in this article, I will highlight a few legit, authorized Disney ticket reseller with great customer service:
(You can read more about each of them below.)
Each has been in business for decades. You’re safe to purchase from them in confidence.
Tickets are Same as Buying from Disney
Tickets purchased from these vendors have the EXACT same benefits as those purchased at the Disney gate.
4. Avoid These Places when Buying Disney World Park Tickets
With so many people wanting to know how to save money on Disneyworld tickets, it’s no surprise that there are disreputable businesses trying to scam those people out of their money.
Avoid these places:
- Any site that uses the word “Disney” in the URL (that isn’t clearly a Disney-owned site). Disney doesn’t allow its authorized ticket sellers to use their brand in their website URL.
- Any broker selling 1-day tickets at a discount. Disney doesn’t allow this by its authorized sellers.
- Anyone selling you partially used tickets. First of all, you can’t be sure if the pass will work until you arrive at the gate. Second, if the ticket does NOT work, Disney won’t help you because tickets are non-transferrable.
- Craigslist and eBay. Scammers will try to sell you stolen or used tickets.
- Any site requiring you to pay with any method other than credit card.
5. You Probably Don’t Need the Park Hopper
Each of the four major theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios) have so much to see and do that you will need a full day for each.
Also, it takes more time than you think to “hop” from one park to another.
If you’re not sure you need the Park Hopper option, I suggest skipping it.
6. Plan Your Days with Crowd Calendar
Make a plan. Decide which parks you want to see and what you want to do at each.
Use a crowd calendar to project how full the parks might be on your desired dates.
7. Don’t Try to Do Too Much
I’ve been to Disneyworld many times and I’m not close to seeing or doing everything. There’s simply too much magic.
Don’t stress about seeing everything. Make a reasonable plan that hits your highlights and allows for some “go with the flow.” There’s always the next trip…something to look forward to!
8. Save Money with Disney Visa
If you are a proud cardholder of any of the Disney Chase Visa cards, you get 10% off select merchandise at Walt Disney World, along with savings on certain guided tours. Be sure to check the most current promotions.
Where to Buy Discounted Disney World Tickets
Disney has authorized each of the following companies to resell Walt Disney World park tickets.
Here’s what you need to know about each:
Get Away Today
One of the certified ticket partners with Disney Parks, Get Away Today is an ideal ticket vendor for getting your Disneyworld tickets at a slightly discounted rate.
In business since 1990, Get Away Today has been planning Disney vacations for over thirty years.
They excel in communication between their travel experts and guests, working to meet the needs of everyone in your party and addressing travel issues that come up along the way.
Not only can you get Disney World tickets through Get Away Today, but you can book all the other aspects of your trip as well.
This is where the big savings comes in – Get Away Today can help you save hundreds with your accommodations, on or off Disney World property, including getting complimentary or discounted nights at some of the Good Neighbor hotels.
How to buy Disney World tickets from Get Away Today
Dealing exclusively in Disney eTickets, Get Away Today allows you to buy your Walt Disney World tickets through their website, and also shows you the potential discounts compared to the actual Disney gate ticket price.
Once you have purchased your ticket, you’ll receive your Disney World eTicket directly to the email you provided.
You can then print the ticket, scan them into the My Disney Experience app, or just open the email – the same way you would with a ticket purchased directly from Disney World.
Once you’ve paid off the tickets, you will receive them in your email.
Follow This Process Before Buying Tickets from Get Away Today
- Check the dates you want to visit parks here.
Before purchasing multi-day Walt Disney World tickets online, you must verify that consecutive days are available on the Walt Disney World reservation calendar.
Note this about each ticket-type:
- 2-Day tickets must be used within 4 days of the selected start date.
- 3-Day tickets must be used within 5 days of the selected start date.
- 4-Day tickets must be used within 7 days of the selected start date.
- 5-Day tickets must be used within 8 days of the selected start date.
- 6-Day tickets must be used within 9 days of the selected start date.
- 7-Day tickets must be used within 10 days of the selected start date.
- 8-Day tickets must be used within 12 days of the selected start date.
- 9-Day tickets must be used within 13 days of the selected start date.
- 10-Day tickets must be used within 14 days of the selected start date.
2. Purchase your tickets through the Get Away Today website.
3. Make your theme park reservations with Disney immediately after purchasing your admission.
See Disney World Ticket Prices at Get Away Today
Undercover Tourist has been in business since 2000.
In conjunction with their blog giving all the best tips and tricks, travelers can also purchase authentic park tickets, book hotels, and find their rental cars through Undercover Tourist.
With the personal touch of dealing directly with a small business, their customer service helps to make your vacation magical from the beginning.
Undercover Tourist is consistently highly ranked with the Better Business Bureau.
How to buy discounted Disney World tickets from Undercover Tourist
It is easy to get your tickets – just purchase them online through the Undercover Tourist site and the eTicket comes straight to your email.
Undercover Tourist shows you all the taxes and fees up front, and you have your tickets the same day since they are digital tickets.
You do not need to exchange the ticket at the gate, simply scan and go!
You can also pair these tickets with your other plans in the My Disney Experience app. Undercover Tourist also shows you the exact savings amount compared to the official Disney World gate price.
Undercover Tourist also shows guests the exact steps needed to check park availability for Walt Disney World parks, as park reservations are required for entry.
It is important to check if there are still reservations available before purchasing the ticket, to ensure that you will be able to use the ticket on the day you wish to enter the park.